Your future employerA start up company in mobile payment field
Your key responsibilitiesLead and be responsible for the oversight of the Risk and Fraud Management activities, from both operational and strategic perspectives and report directly to the CEO.
Build the Risk team and Risk Practice from scratch and solve challenging Risk & Fraud problems at scale in Vietnam, an emerging market with early and evolving payment Risk & Fraud patterns.
• Identify key risk areas in the mobile payment business and potential business verticals in the future (e.g. consumer finance, wealth management).
• Build risk frameworks, and implement organizational risk methodologies and processes.
• Establish fraud policies and manage fraud processes. Work with Tech & Data team to deliver real-time at-scale fraud detection and prevention leveraging dynamic real-time and past data sources
• Collaborate with CEO and Functional Heads to ensure new products and processes are compliant with guidelines and aligned to business's risk appetite
• Develop and lead initiatives to drive, review and streamline processes to mitigate risk within the company and enable key performance indicators to be met
• Improve business portfolio quality (merchants & users) and optimize risk adjusted return dynamics through management of KYC/KYB policies
• Lead the development and review of early warning indicators, stress testing and scenario planning
• Work closely with business team to provide value adding risk analytics solutions for the enhancement of risk return tradeoff in decision making, business strategies, risk appetite setting and capital assessment
• Monitor the risk landscape and industry trends to infuse new ideas and approaches into the prioritization and management of business risk
• Build Risk and Fraud team from scratch – hire and grow best Risk talents for the company.
Our key requirements• Senior/executive Risk experiences at fintech/mobile payment, or financial services industry (Consumer or SMB banking). Experiences in solving at-scale Risk problems
• Passionate on solving at-scale risk and fraud challenges leveraging Big Data
• Familiar with Risk challenges in emerging Asian markets
• Working knowledge of banking and financial sector or fintech in Vietnam a strong advantage. Or strong desire to learn fast.
• Strong communication skills, in-depth and detailed knowledge on a wide range of financial products and processes
• Robust understanding of regional practices and associated regulatory requirements in Vietnam
• A hands-on professional with strong analytical skills coupled with strategic thinking
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to align, inspire and motivate others
• Proficient in both written and verbal communication in English is a must. Vietnamese a big plus