Your key responsibilities• Grow and lead a team of data scientists in HCMC that will be responsible to build analytic solutions/models that solve a variety of use cases for our customers.
• Talk to our US & Europe customers, analyze their business problems and determine how data science can help them overcome those challenges. Convert output of your Machine Learning models into detailed business documents that demonstrate how these models solve their problems.
• Total responsibility over design, development and delivery of custom Machine Learning models. These models can range from predicting customer churn to improving revenue prediction.
• Collaborate very closely with our Data Engineering and Full Stack Development teams in HCMC to deploy your ML models on our AWS cloud data pipeline.
• Project-manage the HCMC data science team across all phases of model development from data ingestion and feature engineering to model deployment in production. You will be responsible for the overall quality, fit and performance of the delivered solution/model.
Our key requirements• Master’s or PhD. (preferred) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics or other related quantitative fields.
• 4+ years industry experience with a demonstrable track record of fitting and building production-grade Machine Learning models.
• People management experience having managed small teams of Jr. Data Scientists or Analysts, graduate or doctoral students, or other technical staff.
• In-depth knowledge in supervised learning methods such as linear and logistic regression, GLMs, GBMs, decision trees, random forests, SVM, and neural networks, and unsupervised learning methods such as K-means, hierarchical clustering, and principal components
• Some experience in understanding or building Natural Language Processing (NLP) applications such as sentiment analysis, named entity recognition (NER), and topic modeling.
• Experience working with cross-functional business and engineering teams to build and deliver data products.
• Solid expertise and working experience in R and Python and associated ML packages.
• Working experience in Hadoop or Spark distributed ecosystem and ability to interact with structured and semi-structured datasets using tools such as Pig or Hive.
• Strong knowledge and skills in SQL as well as working familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
• Some experience or familiarity with AWS storage and compute ecosystem components (EC2, S3).
• Native-like fluency in Vietnamese & business proficiency in English language skills is a must.
• Solid verbal, writing and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly articulate the solution and implications of a complex model to business audience.