|Job Title||HEAD OF REGULATORY & PUBLIC AFFAIRS (based in Hanoi)|
|Disciplines||Financial ServicesJobs Term|
|Location||Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City|
Our client is one of Global and leading insurance companies in Viet Nam
HEAD OF REGULATORY & PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- Coordinate and/or represent Company in meetings with government officials, administrators, regulators and business associations. Establish working relationships with these stakeholders to provide information and explanations on Company business policies and practices. Develop and execute a strategy and stakeholder engagement plan to accomplish these objectives.
- Establish, develop and utilize a network of external contacts within the government, regulators and relevant regional and local bodies and with business and professional organizations that represent the interests of the financial services sector.
- Monitor ongoing legislative and regulatory developments and provide timely analysis of their relevance to Company local, regional and global franchise as applicable.
- Focus advocacy efforts on those issues that can have a significant and unique impact on Company business franchise across and, where appropriate, to influence the outcome.
- Support achievement of the business’ long-range strategic goals by identifying and managing regulatory, legislative and advocacy issues.
- Understand existing and monitor evolving Government policies and legislation. Determine their potential impacts on business, freedom to operate, or new opportunity.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on policy, government relations related communications and other relevant activities with external stakeholders, including communities.
- Keep abreast of political developments in Vietnam
o The successful candidate will have at least six years’ experience in government and business affairs, community engagement, legal or related field.
o Fluency in English and Vietnamese (written and oral).
o A successful track record of working with local governments/regulators and/or international agencies.
o The ability to effectively manage cultural, philosophical and operating differences, and possess a high degree of cultural sensitivity and keen negotiating skills.
o The ability to work and be an integral part of an action-oriented, decision-making work environment.
o The proven ability to work as a part of a team, in a matrix reporting structure, and within a complex regulatory environment.
o An ability to foresee and analyze issues, formulate arguments and positions, and communicate them effectively.
o The ability to prioritize and balance competing issues and direct resources accordingly.
o Experience building coalitions, developing and leveraging networks, and coordinating strategies on complex issues.
o Strong organizational skills
This job has expired