Your future employerA top tier securities firm in Vietnam
Your key responsibilities• Develops and manages all of the company’s risk management functions in line with overall vision, strategy, and policies.
• Is responsible for providing leadership and direction with regards to enterprise and business risk management strategies.
• Defines Company’s risk appetite for Board approval and sets risk strategy to manage risks in alignment with the agreed-upon risk appetite and business strategy.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory risk obligations and appropriate operational risk requirements (including business risk, governance and internal control policies and practices) as well as applicable legal requirements.
• Ensures risk-return transparency exists at all levels of the business
• Provides risk-related insights and contribute actively to the strategic agenda of the business
• Ensures Company’s strategic objectives are aligned with its stated risk appetite, work closely with business leaders to identify and assess opportunities that offer the best risk-adjusted return, and partner with Finance to optimize the risk-return of the portfolio.
• Is accountable for monitoring and updating the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework.
• Ensures the regular review and updating of all policies incorporated into the ERM Framework, monitor and review the stress testing program.
• Is responsible for the ongoing development and evaluation of all Risk Management Governance Controls.
• Reports to the Board and Senior Management on the effectiveness of risk management processes, aggregate exposures and significant issues.
• Is accountable for the adequacy of and appropriateness of risk management policies, practices and limits to carry out the Risk Management mandate in line with risk appetite.
• Reviews specific business transactions within established limits involving risk to Company and making recommendations to the CEO, COO, Board and Board Committees as appropriate.
• Serve as a liaison with the Office of the SSC for all matters concerning risk management.
Our key requirements1. Risk Leadership
• Establishes and evolves a compelling risk governance model.
• Is an effective, independent and confident leader of the Risk function as well as part of the senior management team.
• Informs the Company’s risk taking activities with analytical insight, shaping the risk appetite and business activities of Company and thereby building credibility with business unit leaders
• Attracts exceptional talents and provides strong leadership and mentorship to risk management team.
2. Teamwork and Partnership
• Finds appropriate balance between oversight and business support
• Creates a compelling professional environment based on expertise, collaboration and a spirit of partnership with the Company’s operating business units.
• Applies a collaborative orientation to working within the company and will truly seek to inform and enable business decisions as opposed to solely providing rules based upon decision making.
• Recognizes the inherent tension with peers and looks for opportunities to demonstrate that Risk Director can complement other functions and create synergies for the Company.
3. Business Acumen and Intellectual Horsepower
• Has the natural curiosity and capability to understand Company’s business, asks the right questions and assesses underlying or hidden problems and patterns.
• Possesses strong analytical skills and deep knowledge of current business portfolios and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Is aware of coming policy decisions, industry trends and the broader competitive landscape.
4. Communications Skills
• Is a compelling communicator who is able to synthesize risk analyses effectively and in a decision-oriented way.
• Provides insight to both expert and lay audiences through thoughtful, jargon free communications and has well-honed facilitation skills at the senior management level
• Has the professional bearing and stature to be viewed as truly expert in the role to other internal and external constituencies, bringing instant credibility to himself/herself and the role.
About youEducational and Qualification
• University degree and/or MBA coupled with over 10 years of operational risk, audit or compliance experience, preferably in the Asian and Vietnamese financial services industry.
• Certified Financial Risk Manager is a plus.
• Proven quantitative skills, including academic training in mathematics, finance, statistics or related fields. Strong theoretical underpinnings required. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Solid knowledge and experience in Risk Management methodologies, concepts and best practices.
• Highly developed business acumen, knowledge of corporate governance and information security requirements.
• Significant financial services industry experience with particular emphasis on an in-depth knowledge of functional and business operations, products, process and regulatory environment within which financial institutions operate.
• Negotiable salary and benefit packages.