Your future employerThe company serves the multitude of markets including plastics, laser, heat treating, food processing, machine tool and many more. They offer a growing and profitable business with a diverse and established team of sales professionals. As a Northen Industrial Markets Sales Manager, you will plan, direct, and execute the established sales plan to achieve maximum sales volume and market share in the respective market segment/territory.
Your key responsibilities- Sales / Management Skills
* Direct, coordinate and manage all sales activities in the market segment/territory.
* Identify market opportunities and develop appropriate sales plans to effectively address the opportunities
* Achieve maximum sales volume and market share within profitability thresholds.
* Analyze sales data to determine the sales strategy for the market segment/territory.
* Identify new product/feature opportunities offering competitive advantages and refine the marketing specifications (feature content, cost targets, etc.).
* Identify and develop (with Product Development Manager and Marketing Manager) appropriate sales tools, collaterals and other brand enhancing material/activities.
* Be able to read, negotiate and drive customer contracts to an acceptable resolution, with the help of appropriate management and legal resources.
* Promote and execute corporate sales and marketing plans as determined by the company.
- Interpersonal Skills
* Interact with all facets of the organization to achieve departmental and overall organizational goals.
* Coordinate multiple resources to successfully drive and close sales on new and existing accounts.
* Resolve problems with customers and sales representatives as they arise.
- Budgets and Reporting
* Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, and forecasting.
* Assign sales force/rep/distributor quotas and provide direction and assistance to meet those quotas.
- Education, Training, and Trends
* Institute programs for the continual training and improvement of all sales representatives and distributors.
* Stay abreast of customer, market and technology trends as they relate to current and future business opportunities
* Participate in appropriate associations to further strengthen relationships in the industry.
Our key requirements- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business or technical discipline and/or 10+ years of direct work experience without formal education is required
- Have a minimum of 7 – 10 years of applicable industrial sales/marketing experience selling capital equipment
- Have experience in managing a group of independent sales representative organizations a definite plus
- Have solid working knowledge of other functional areas within a manufacturing organization (manufacturing, engineering, finance, etc.)
About you- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good technical aptitude
- Exceptional English verbal and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)