Report to the Vietnam Country Manager and drive the growth of client-focused power sector with accountability for:
- Developing and driving execution of the Vietnam Power Sector Strategy
- Leading the identification, capture and delivery of flagship market opportunities
- Developing and leading the relationship with key power sector clients with interests in Vietnam
- Leveraging strong personal client relationships into project sales
- Supporting a culture of collaboration with delivery, technical and line management teams across the Region and globally
- Identifying and developing key talent.
Client Relationships and Business Opportunities
- Identify trends in client needs, market opportunities and industry business cycles to create effective sales campaigns
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities
- Build a client-oriented approach to marketing, sales, and sector development
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships
Business Results and Performance Culture
- Prepare annual growth plan, identify the need for key roles to build bench strength, and propose plans for filling these (recruitment, internal transfers, targeted development)
- Work with line management and service teams to execute the sector growth plan
- Provide business value, selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of company’s capabilities within key client organizations
- Work to embed sustainability into the company’s service offerings to the power sector and help position the company as the sustainability consultancy of choice
- Drive account growth for a defined group of global and regional key clients and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities
- Manage captured efforts, utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting
- Coordinate and collaborate with the wider Commercial Team and operations for resources and sales forecasting
- Ensure Vietnam’s power sector sales and revenue targets are achieved
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- Be recognized by clients and the company’s staff as a Power Sector “insider,” one who understands and speaks the “language” of the Power Sector
- As the Partner-in-Charge, provide oversight and maintain technical depth, expertise, and credibility through involvement in aspects of key project work
- Role model behaviors and business development expectations and promote the global growth strategy of the company through communication with technical communities, Management and staff.
People Leadership and Development
- Coach and mentor Partners and Senior Consultants on understanding client needs by articulating Client Value Propositions that differentiate the company
- Identify emerging talent within Vietnam and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
Additional Job Information:
- MS in environmental science or engineering, social sciences, planning or related field
- 15+ years’ industry or consulting experience within the power sector
- In-depth understanding of the industry and the companies operating in the sector in Vietnam, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business
- Familiarity with the local and international finance sector and understanding of international investment practices and processes is an advantage
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies in the Power sector
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multi-million dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities
- Experience in running a small/medium-scaled business or team
- Organizationally savvy in order to work across a matrix of line management, services, and other sectors
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of the company as a global company.