Your Future Employer
Big American Bag Company.
Your Key Responsibilities
1. Primary purpose
- Work with New York Headquarter, Sample Development Facilities, Service Providers and Cross-functional teams to develop and commercialize high quality products up to Company standards and required cost margin according to the Product Development Timeline.
2. Key responsibilities
- Product Development and Sample Management (40%)
- Ensure the product is developed according to Design Card to achieve design intent withgiven direction from PD manager.
- Travel to sample development facilities to follow up with developments.
- Manage sample schedule and priorities.
- Partner with the materials teams to procure and manage sample materials at different development stages.
- Follow up with sample making.
- Review and comment on samples.
- Partner with the engineering team and ensure the samples are fully engineered at all stages and all necessary tests done.
- Supervise the commercialization of SPs and/or sample development facility with support from engineers
Product Costing (30%)
- Support PD manager to prepare cost options for margin challenged styles. Seek for cost saving opportunities without affecting aesthetics or functionality of the product.
- Validate yield and waste factors with the support from Leather management.
- Audit of HW quantity for priority styles.
- Involve to check Costing and negotiate with SP Information Management and Communication (30%)
- Manage flow of information with New York and Service Providers.
- Daily communications with the New York partners; work as a global team. Update all necessary reports and Company systems on a timely basis.
- Lead handover meetings with Quality Management and Service Providers to provide technical information, critical quality areas, special executions… after completion development of the product.
- Reports to: Senior Manager/Manager, Product Development
- Interacts with:
- Internally: New York Headquarters
- Production Management
- Quality Management
- Materials Management (Fabric and Hardware)
- Leather Management
- Externally: Raw Material Suppliers
- 3rd party outsource suppliers
- Service Providers
- Sample Development Facility
Our Key Requirements
- College Graduate
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in product development in handbags, accessories, footwear or related industries; Branded experience preferred.
- Product development, costing and manufacturing experience in leather goods preferred.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong communication skills in written and oral English
- Team work – need to be play a role as part of the team.
- Communication Skill – understand and able to address the issues to the right parties.
- Ownership – take ownership of the process and drive the result.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – be ready for any change management and open for improvement.
- Proactive – Responsible and understand urgent situation for immediate action.
- Develops Self – Demonstrates openness to learn new things. Accepts and incorporates feedback to improve performance.