Your future employerOur client is a footwear brand - a global leader in industrial footwear manufacturing sector
Your key responsibilitiesOverall:
• To co-ordinate the in-factory development of new design ideas from initial prototypes through to approved samples, pro-actively influencing decisions on product specifications and construction techniques to achieve cost targets, while ensuring that brand standards for product appeal and product quality are maintained.
• Manage the delivery of sample shoes to agreed timelines and provide accurate status reports at key stages throughout the development process.
• To work closely with the Commercialization managers to assist as required and seek their assistance, allowing flexing of work load.
• To co-ordinate factory sample making and factory based development work on new design ideas, ensuring that new styles are approved on time
• To manage the creation of product handover packages, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the information provided, to assist Commercialization as required to flex the roles.
• To supervise the creation of sample shoes, ensuring that key aesthetic details and styling requirements are executed effectively in the finished product
• To initiate ideas for design, specification and construction changes to reduce product cost without compromising the design concept
• To work with the costing team members to ensure costs are correct.
• To ensure that new materials and components are tested and approved
• To resolve any fitting problems with new design ideas, achieving a fit standard approved for the style approval transfer package.
• To co-ordinate sample sole mould making activities within product sign off deadlines
• To collaborate with Costing, Commercialization and other team members to ensure that product is Developed and Engineered for successful commercialization and manufacturing with cost engineering principles employed.
• To supervise the work of team members
Our key requirements• Thorough understanding of the product development process
• Thorough understanding of the shoemaking process
• Detailed understanding of the foot anatomy, shoe fitting principles and standardsExtensive (10 years) experience working in a sample making environment delivering productions to the standards expected by International brands
• Practical experience making shoe patterns
• Experience of production quality control or physical product testing
• Able to check sample shoes against a design brief and ensure that pattern proportions, material specifications and production techniques are of an acceptable standard
• Able to check the fitting quality of a sample shoe and rectify any problems
Consultant name: Vuong Le
RGF Executive Search Vietnam