- Lead, develop and implement producer (Agents, Dealers, and other Traditional channels) management programs for attaining or exceeding all sales and profitability objectives and department goals, and for maintaining various programs to achieve desired results.
- Generate sales targets for new and renewal business; develope effective incentive compensation programs, retain customers; increase the number of producers and clients and account penetration; support profitability through quality measures; developing sales department staff.
- Develop and improve performance of sales management team to achieve established goals and will ensure sales operational effectiveness to realize production and profitability goals.
- Centralize and manage all distribution channels and will be responsible for scaling up the business by growing the top line revenues, while maintaining an effective control of expenses.
Strategy & Implementation
- Implement distribution strategy by co - executing, communicating and managing the company’s strategy to achieve business growth as measured by clients, revenue and costs in accordance with annual targets.
- Communicates and drives sales strategies and operating objectives in alignment with overall company sales and profitability objectives.
- Guide and strengthen the company’s client relationships and support the development of the region’s businesses through effectively targeted products, channels, segmentation, technology solutions, promotion and team engagement.
- Develops and implements sales compensation and recognition programs and other type of programs necessary to accomplish goals.
- Conducts regular field work to keep abreast of market conditions, industry changes and competitive activities that may impact sales; informs management as needed.
- Engage team members and colleagues to assist in conducting market research, and based on the results recommend and/or implement action plans which maximize underwriting profit potential for the business.
- Provides market knowledge and direction to producers and sales management team.
- Promotes and develops business opportunities with new and existing clients, and attend personally to all key accounts, producers and distribution channels to ensure satisfaction with company’s products and services.
- Recruit, interview, and hire agents, direct sales representatives, sale managers and support staff to meet producer management support requirements.
- Manages performance of sales staff to ensure that high performance expectations are set and communicated; results are monitored; and high performance standards are maintained and regularly adhered to. Conducts appraisals on direct reports.
- Directs and provides input on preparation for all agency meetings, including training classes; develops the content of all sales meetings including producer reviews and planning.
- Trains and coaches producers on products, production and quality goals. Conducts field visits to monitor performance, and to coach new producers accordingly. Contributes to the long-term growth and development of sales managers.
- Visit producers and promote Company’s products and services. Maintain liaison with distribution channels to obtain necessary underwriting information, promote satisfactory service relationships, and encourage submission of targeted product lines and business segments.
- Maintains and updates records related to the administration of producers and personnel as needed. Ensures that proper insurance licensing requirements are met for all producers.
- Ensures agency contracts are up to date and in place for all agents representing the Company.
- Terminates agency contracts as needed. Notifies the relevant authorities sas required.
- Develop and implement effective Policies, Guidelines & Procedures to efficiently manage company’s portfolio
- Ensures implementation of “best practices” and monitor the successful execution across all functions to encourage the highest quality producer relations
- Direct monitoring and accountability for performance of all branches in the region
- Analyses business data to establish progress towards goals and identify potential obstacles. Plans and implements corrective actions to improve results as needed
- Implements technology upgrades for alignment with overall technology objectives. Maintains sufficient knowledge of department information systems and related upgrades to assist producers and sales managers as needed.
- Collaborates with other departments, such as underwriting and claims, to achieve goals and maintain acceptable levels of customer satisfaction
- Liaise with other functional groups in-country to ensure appropriate and timely flow of information into and out of the Underwriting; Marketing; Claims; Finance; Legal… departments.
- Ensure accurate and timely reports as required or requested.
- Other duties as discussed and assigned by direct manager.
- Regular contact with Distribution and General Director. Regular in-person visits to all branch offices. Regular contact with supporting departments (Underwriting, Claims, IT, Finance, etc., as needed).
- Regular contact with agents, brokers, agency groups, and industry peer groups. Occasional contact with outside vendors, employment agencies, competitors, Ministry of Finance, Department of Insurance, as needed.
Additional Job Information
- In-depth knowledge of producer management.
- 10+ years of substantial experience in insurance marketing, agency relations and management.
- Have operational expertise in insurance.
- A thorough knowledge of selling skills and the personal ability to sell.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Have a proven track record of successfully managing, coaching and leading sales teams.
- Have a thorough and complete understanding of sales functions, including, but not limited to: Underwriting, Claims, Legal, Marketing and Finance departments.
- Computer literacy, high level of analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Have excellent written and spoken English knowledge.
- Excellent judgment and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and supportive of internal and external relationships.