Your future employerOur client is a Leading Global Leather Accessories company which has Sourcing Operations in Vietnam for their diversified Product Line, especially Luxurious and Premium Bag and Handbag.
Your key responsibilities- Lead Development team to handle Seasonal Product Development and Sample Management with Design team (US), Global Sample Facility (China) and Factories (Vietnam).
- Ensure Design Intent is achieved with the best aesthetic samples, the most optimized costing and the best ability to smoothly transition to mass production - production friendliness.
- Negotiate costing with Factories and explore cost saving opportunity.
- Be a team-player in a GLOBAL team.
Our key requirements- 10 years of Product Development experience in Bag, Handbag, Accessories or Footwear and other relevant products. Leather goods experience is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of managerial experience in global, fast-paced working environment.
- Fluent English communication.
About you- Strong Leadership and People Management:
You need to manage a team of senior and highly independent staffs well to achieve the team goal while being able to pull them together.
- Time Management and Stress Management Skills:
These skills is vital as Product Development happens year round with lots of overlapping timeline (and >50% Global Production is in Vietnam).
- Especially Strong Communication Skill:
Lots of high level stakeholders around you: Designer, Materials, Manufacturing, Engineering, Factories, etc. You need to be quick, clear, concise and on-point in your communication. Aggressiveness to get things done is welcome, but not the kind which leads to conflict.