Your future employerOur client is one of the leading garment and textile suppliers to a worldwide market. Due to the rapid growth of the business and its expansion, the company is looking for talents to join and create highly successful company.
Your key responsibilities1. Garment Pre-Production
• Pre-Production Preparation: monitor pre-production preparation progress. Be personally involved as needed, especially for new / complicated styles, in coordinating with related functions to ensure the required skilled labor, technical support (Sewing Garment Technicians, Mechanics, etc.) and machine resources are in place for achieving the production plan from CSP.
• Setting Production Targets: based on the production plan, annual Operations performance targets, and input from the Sewing Garment Technician Supervisor, set monthly Production Unit performance targets and monitor performance against targets.
• Production Inputs: establish processes with upstream departments for ensuring required quality materials and information is available to start production as planned..
2. Garment Production
• Production Monitoring: review daily reports on cutting, sewing and presentation progress, and establish process for regularly communicating progress to related departments as needed. Identify potential problems, lead the Production team to take preventative action, and seek assistance from other functions as needed.
• Production Efficiency: provide adequate resources to the production lines to maintain and improve on production efficiency targets. Seek support from other Production Units / relevant functions (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Garment Technical, etc.) as needed.
• Resource Balancing: re-allocate workers across the Production Unit and request extra support from the technical support team (Sewing Garment Technicians, Mechanics) as needed to ensure production plan targets can be achieved.
• Continuous Improvement: lead Production Unit team and seek support from other Production Unit Managers & Industrial Engineering Manager to identify opportunities for performance improvement.
3. Garment Quality
• Quality Mindset: plan programs to heighten Production Unit members' quality mindset with support from the QA Manager.
• Quality Monitoring: review regular analysis reports from QC and Materials Management to identify trends and major quality issues and lead Production Unit team to identify root causes of quality issues and put together a corrective action plan.
• Quality Inspection: conduct spot checks on quality and organize direct reports to implement corrective measures.
4. Cost Savings
• Raw Materials:
• Energy: identify and implement actions for reducing energy consumption, with support from Facilities team.
• Excess Cost: identify opportunities to minimize excess cost by production process improvement.
• Consumables: identify and implement actions for reducing consumables cost, with support from Finance and Purchasing teams.
5. Conducive Work Environment
• Production Safety: monitor and ensure the production environment, processes and tools are maintained at an optimum condition and abide by the Group’s and national production safety regulations.
• Payment and Incentive Schemes: provide inputs to the Operations Director in support of the development and update of operator payment and incentive schemes. Monitor monthly operator payment levels for anomalies and effectiveness of the payment and incentive schemes.
• Compliance: monitor and ensure all Group Ethical Business Practices (EBPs), customer codes of conduct and local labor laws are met.
Our key requirements- Solid experience in Production Management of garment and textile industry is a MUST
- Bachelor’s Degree in Garment and textile technology or related field
- Have in-depth knowledge of textiles
- Be skilled in research, development and problem-solving
- Have good communication and leadership skills
- Have extensive experience in a relevant management roles with a very good track record.
About youIf you are interested in the role, please kindly send me your updated CV to Vuong.firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for further connection.
Consultant name: Vuong Le
RGF Executive Search Vietnam