Your key responsibilities• Gain a thorough understanding of student administration (business) processes.
• Gain an in-depth, technical understanding of how to operate and administer key student systems and related data integrations, with a focus on critical student systems and student data.
• Take a leading role in the understanding and maintenance of student systems’ code base, architecture, data model, and development process.
• Lead the design and implementation of new software solutions, integration systems, and changes to existing systems, with a special focus on critical student systems and student data.
• Collaborate with the Manager, Applications and Development and key stakeholders on demand management, prioritisation, and backlog grooming processes.
• Provide oversight and contribute to the development and documentation of user stories, user requirements, and acceptance criteria related to critical student systems.
• Lead the development of technical documentation such as data model, integration pieces, and complex aspects of student systems.
• Assure and take responsibility over the architecture and code quality of critical student systems.
Our key requirements• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline.
• At least 7 years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years in a software architect or lead developer role, with a track record of designing and implementing high quality software.
• Significant expertise in the maintenance, improvement, and support of desktop applications.
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of software development including requirements gathering, system design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
• Experience with a broad range of programming languages. Experience with desktop application development is highly desirable.
• Experience with relational database development and data integration projects.
• Experience in working with stakeholders, managing demand, and prioritising work requests.
• Experience in working with the Scrum or Kanban framework. Prior training in Agile methodologies is desirable.
About you• Specialist Developer will become the University’s subject matter expert in the operation, support, and further development of critical student systems including the Student Records System (SRS) and Online Enrolment, as well as the maintenance and further development of data integration systems.
• The incumbent will make contributions to the transition from existing systems to the University’s new strategic software platforms including an ERP system, MuleSoft, ServiceNow, Salesforce, and Adobe Experience Manager.
• The role will apply technical expertise along with analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, document, and communicate system requirements.
• The role will implement functional software solutions using a variety of programming languages, platforms, and frameworks.
• The incumbent will also provide guidance and mentoring to other members of the Applications and Development team.
• The incumbent will be expected to work across all areas of the University.