Your future employerOur client is one of the leading garment and textile suppliers to a worldwide market. Due to the rapid growth of the business and its expansion, the company is looking for talents to join and create highly successful company.
Your key responsibilitiesOverall, within the context of Group and Factory direction, to verifiably contribute to achieving the Factory’s business performance by providing the managerial leadership and the materials management, quality assurance and garment technology functional expertise essential for equipping Operations and Production Unit Managers with the technical standards, technologies, tools, training, services and project implementation support in the areas of materials management, quality assurance and garment technology to ensure garment production outcomes that meet the customer’s quality, quantity and delivery specifications and the Factory’s KPI targets, while operating within all applicable country, customer, Group and Factory policies and guidelines and in ways that create a sustainable and engaged work force and healthy and safe occupational work environment.
1. Technical & Quality Business Direction:
- Factory KPI Targets: understand and contribute to the Factory’s three year Business Plan and Annual Operating Plan and applicable CAPEX budgets.
- Technical & Quality Department KPI Targets: within the context of the Factory’s three year Business Plan and Annual Operating Plan, develop and get approval for Technical & Quality Department’s three year Business Plan and Annual Operating Plan and budget
- Immediate Employees’ SMART Goals: communicate Technical & Quality Department’s Annual Operating Plan and priorities to Immediate Employees (IEs) as context for developing their annual SMART Goals. Approve IEs’ SMART Goals
2. Technical & Quality Department Delivery Capability
- Structure: implement the Technical & Quality Department standard organization structure, Role Profiles and cross-functional work process flows to optimize the effective recruitment, deployment and direction of people in the Department. Recommend improvements and make changes as approved by SVP Operations
- People: consistent with the approved Technical & Quality Department structure and Role Profiles:
o Maintain a rolling one year forecast and annual Department staff headcount and recruitment plan, including anticipated retirements, resignations, terminations, promotions, transfers and new hires.
o Maintain and monitor implementation of a rolling one year and annual Department staff development plan and succession plan for IEs, including the task assignments, external and internal job rotations and training (general, Functional Skilled Knowledge (FSKs) and Managerial Leadership Competencies (MLCs)) needed by each person, to equip the Department with the trained know-how to achieve Factory and Group performance goals.
- Processes: develop, get approval for, socialize (within Technical & Quality and cross-functionally) and periodically update Technical & Quality policies,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work flow processes and work methods, in line with Factory and Group guidelines.
- Performance Measurement: implement, monitor and report on Technical & Quality’s performance against established Group and Factory KPIs.
- Continuous Improvement: drive continuous improvement in the Technical & Quality Department, introduced either by Group or Factory management. Share continuous improvements with other Factories. Proactively seek out and adopts relevant continuous improvements from other Factories.
3. Technical & Quality Support to Operations and other Factory Departments
Through the output of his/her Immediate Employees(IEs), deliver Technical & Quality support to Operations, CSP and other Factory Departments:
- Materials Management: hold relevant IE accountable for driving optimum fabric and sub-materials utilization and continuous improvement within customer, Factory and Group guidelines
- Quality Mindset: hold relevant IE accountable for driving the ‘mindset’ that all work done has to meet a quality standard in its discipline and that quality is everyone’s accountability in their individual jobs
- Product Quality: hold relevant IE accountable for establishing, documenting, communicating and providing the training necessary on product quality standards, the quality assurance and the quality control process to be followed to ensure that garments meet customer and Group standards. And for conducting periodic audits to ensure that quality standards and processes are being followed
- Laboratory Services Support: hold relevant IE accountable for providing testing and analytical services to verify incoming fabrics and sub-materials quality against quality standards agreed with suppliers and customers, for assisting suppliers in resolving technical issues and for assisting Operations with technical trouble shooting and science/chemistry based solutions
- Garment Technology Support: hold relevant IE accountable for providing the pattern, garment sewing and sample making expertise, technical standards, tools and training essential for bulk production of garments that meet customers’ quality, style, quantity and delivery guidelines and the Factory’s KPI targets.
Through his/her own output, deliver Technical & Quality support to Operations, CSP and other Factory Departments:
- Customer-Factory Problem Resolution: jointly establish with CSP and Operations a process for quickly solving non-conformance to customer requirements that is within the Technical & Quality Department’s control
- Cross-functional Problem Resolution: participate in a process for quickly solving internal Factory cross-functional work conflicts. Lead cross-functional teams as needed to resolve specific problems or create specific outputs
- Factory ISO 9000/14000 Certification: lead in ensuring that the necessary organizational processes and documentation are in place to maintain the Factory’s ISO 9000/14000 certification, where applicable
4. Internal Customer Engagement:
- Service Value-added Impact: measure the value-added impact of Technical & Quality Department services on its internal customers’ performance as seen by a change in performance against standard KPIs or other measures as agreed by the Managing Director.
-Internal Relationships: personally build relationships with managers and staff from other departments to support effective teamwork in support of finding and capitalizing on performance improvement opportunities.
-Internal Customer Engagement: monitor internal customer satisfaction and engagement with Technical & Quality Department interaction and service/support to them, review with the Technical & Quality team and implement continuous improvement.
- Definition of engagement: having captured the customer’s ‘heart and mind’ so that the customer consistently speaks positively of the Technical & Quality Department, has a clear desire to work and/or be associated with the Technical & Quality Department, and exerts extra effort to contribute in some way to the Technical & Quality Department’s success
5. Managerial Leadership of Immediate Team:
- Business Context: communicate the ‘bigger picture’ context in which IEs need to plan and execute work (e.g. world, country, industry, Group, customer and inter-departmental considerations)
- Collaborative Teamwork: establish process for meeting regularly and holding IEs accountable for effective and collaborative teamwork at their level
- IE Performance Management*: agree on SMART goals and assignments with each IE and provide continuous managerial guidance and feedback. Provide support for enhancing performance in the current role, conduct mid-year progress reviews and determine year-end performance appraisal ratings
- IE Development*: assess the strengths and development needs of each IE and coach him/her in developing their FSKs and MLCs in line with the Role Profile of his/her current job
- Recognition and Reward: provide differential recognition and recommendations for reward incentives for IEs (pay, promotion, development opportunities).
- De-selection: recommend re-assignment or termination of IEs where appropriate, supported by a fair ‘due process’ and structured performance improvement program
- Appeals Process: provide an appeals process for employees one level down (EoDs) who have a grievance with his/her Immediate Manager (IM)
- Note: Manager accountable for: 1) coaching IEs to improve their performance and their abilities in their current job, 2) assessing future potential of employees one-level down (EoDs reporting to the manager’s IEs) and mentoring EoDs in terms of their career development for future roles, 3) identifying and developing successors for his/her IEs where relevant
6. Future Talent Pool
- Talent Pool Analysis: assess the future potential of Employees-one-Down (EoDs) in terms of future manpower requirements
- Mentoring and Career Development*: establish mentoring relationship and career development programs with individual EoDs based on future manpower requirements, assessment of individual potential and individual interests.
- IE Successor Development*: identify and have ready for promotion minimum two potential successors for each IE where relevant and within agreed timeframe.
-*Note: Manager accountable for: 1) coaching IEs to improve their performance and their abilities in their current job, 2) assessing future potential of employees one-level down (EoDs reporting to the manager’s IEs) and mentoring EoDs in terms of their career development for future roles, 3) identifying and developing successors for his/her IEs where relevant.
7. Alignment with Company’s Core Values and Culture
8. Personal Effectiveness
- Assessment: take accountability for self-assessment of how to improve own personal effectiveness in the current role.
- Feedback: ask for feedback regarding personal effectiveness from relevant parties.
- Development Plan: pro-actively discuss ways for improving personal effectiveness with own IM. Seek opportunities for learning and growth. Participate fully in development opportunities provided by the Group and consciously apply the learning from the development programs.
Our key requirements- Solid experience in Quality and Technology of garment and textile industry is a MUST
- Bachelor’s Degree in Garment and textile technology or related field
- Have in-depth knowledge of textiles and how they are produced
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, used to work with big buyers in garment industry
- Excellent understanding of customer markets
- Be skilled in research, development and problem-solving
- Have good communication, project management and leadership skills
- Have extensive experience in a relevant technical role
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please kindly send your CV to email@example.com