|Job Title||VP of Engineering|
|Location||Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City|
• Lead the engineering team by managing, mentoring, hiring, and embodying the values of our team.
• Manage personnel including engineering managers who are the direct supervisor of the technical staff
• Program management and engineering execution, be responsible for ensuring that the business and product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
• Co-developing the technical strategy with the CIO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
• Strategy development, serve as part of the senior team, working in an interdisciplinary manner with peers in other departments (VP Business Units, CIO...)
• Define engineering culture and best practices (vision, mission, and values) and create an engineering culture rooted in empowerment, quality and impact
• Advocate for engineering by representing the department as part of the core product leadership team
• Take full ownership of the product from an engineering perspective by authoring a technical vision that lines up with the evolving business needs of the organization and execute on that vision by granting agency and ownership while ensuring the correct processes are in place and followed
• Grow the engineering team by attracting, retaining, and growing top engineering talent
• Define methods and metrics for measuring successes and failures
• Collaborate with Product and Design leaders to set the vision and roadmap for the team
• Manage the selection of technology as well as interface with outside technological organizations such as contractors and partners
• 10+ years of professional software engineering experience, including experience building a large-scale web application using modern lean product development techniques.
• 7+ year management experience with at least 2+ years managing other managers and 5+ years managing engineers, including a demonstrated track record of solving complex management problems and motivating people to do their best work.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience working with stakeholders in Product, People, and Finance to create hiring strategies to build and grow high-performing teams
• Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing engineering teams, including directors, managers, and individual contributors at various levels in their career journeys
• Several years of hands-on software design and development experience in a customer-serving and/or platform context, preferably involving high scale distributed systems
• A solid foundation in software design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills
• A connection to industry-level trends and best practices, with the ability to advocate for and achieve continuous change and evolution
• Excellent at clear and concise written and verbal communication.
• Solid understanding of software engineering and code architecture fundamentals, with ability to review full-stack web application code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies.
• Previous experience rapidly scaling an engineering team at a start-up is a plus.
This job has expired