|Job Title||Washing Manager (garment industry)|
|Disciplines||Business OperationsJobs Term|
|Location||Vietnam - Others|
Our client is one of the leading garment and textile suppliers to a worldwide market. Due to the rapid growth of the business and its expansion, the company is looking for talents to join and create highly successful company.
1. Washing Capability
• Washing Development Process Standard Operating Procedures (SOP):
o communicate the washing development process SOP (from effect development to effect evaluation to communication between Sewing / Washing / Pressing teams) to relevant Immediate Employees (IEs).
o continuously refine the SOP under the guidance of the Group Wet Processing and R&D teams to achieve better performance and production efficiency.
o monitor the compliance to the SOP and take appropriate actions to address cases of non-compliance.
• Washing Capability of the Plant: assess the washing capability (in terms of skills, knowledge, process and machines) of the Plant that hinders the performance and take appropriate actions (e.g. training, modification / introduction of new machines, layouts and processes, etc.) to improve the washing capability.
2. Garment Washing Technical Support
• Performance Standards: establish garment washing performance standards based on the skills, knowledge machines and processes available in the market.
• First Batch Review: review the quality of the first batch from bulk production to monitor the quality and effects of the bulk production.
• Garment Washing Technical Support: provide technical advice to sample room, sewing and wet processing teams to resolve problems, improve production performance and enhance quality
3. Garment Dye Pre-Production
o hold Immediate Employees (IEs) accountable for preparing samples in-line with internal / external requirements.
o approve samples (from a wash color and handfeel perspective) for submission to customer for approval and determine the wet processing standard to follow based on sample approval and production capability.
• Pre-Production Preparation: monitor pre-production preparation progress. Be personally involved as needed, especially for new / complicated styles, in coordinating with related functions to ensure the required skilled labor and machine resources are in place for achieving the production plan from CSP.
• Setting Wet Processing Targets: based on the production plan, annual Wet Processing performance targets and input from the Wet Processing Planner, set monthly garment dye performance targets and monitor performance against targets.
• Order Loading: assist the Wet Processing Planner to group orders dipping / washing batches to optimize individual dipping / washing and total Wet Processing output where necessary.
• Production Inputs: establish processes with upstream departments for ensuring required quality materials and information is available to start dipping / washing as planned.
4. Dipping and Washing Production
• Wet Processing Monitoring: review daily reports on dipping and washing progress, and establish process for regularly communicating progress to related departments as needed. Identify potential problems, lead the Wet Processing team to take preventative action, and seek assistance from other functions as needed.
• Resource Balancing: re-allocate workers and in-line technical support team across the dipping and washing groups as needed to ensure production plan targets can be achieved.
• Cross-functional Problem Solving: investigate to identify root causes of production problems and lead cross-functional teams to resolve production problems as appropriate.
• Continuous Improvement: lead wash team and seek support from other Wet Processing and Pressing Managers and Industrial Engineering Manager to identify opportunities for performance improvement
5. Dipping and Washing Quality
• Quality Mindset: plan programs to heighten washing members' quality mindset with support from the QA Manager.
• Quality Monitoring: review regular analysis reports from QC to identify trends and major quality issues and lead washing team to identify root causes of quality issues and put together a corrective action plan.
• Quality Inspection: conduct spot checks on quality and organize direct reports to implement corrective measures
6. Cost Savings
Contribute to the relevant Group environmental and cost targets:
• Energy: identify and implement actions for reducing energy consumption, with support from Facilities team.
• Water Consumption: identify opportunities to reduce the water consumption in the wet processing area.
• Excess Cost: identify opportunities to minimize excess cost by production process improvement.
• Consumables: identify and implement actions for reducing consumables cost, with support from Finance and Purchasing teams.
• Washing Cost: collaborate with Pressing Manager to keep Wet Processing Manager updated with the monthly washing cost.
7. Conducive Work Environment
• Wet Processing Safety: monitor and ensure the dipping washing environment, processes and tools are maintained at an optimum condition and abide by the Group’s and national production safety regulations.
• Compliance: monitor and ensure all Group Ethical Business Practices (EBPs), customer codes of conduct and local labor laws are met.
8. Operator Engagement
• Operator Expectations: identify key expectations of wet processing operators for their jobs.
• Effective Working Relationships: work to meet the key expectations of wet processing operators where appropriate, and build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships to drive high wet processing operator engagement.
- Solid experience in Operation Management of garment and textile industry is a MUST
- Bachelor’s Degree in Garment and textile technology or related field
- Have in-depth knowledge of textiles
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, used to work with big firms in the industry.
- Excellent understanding of customer markets
- Be skilled in research, development and problem-solving
- Have good communication and leadership skills
- Have extensive experience in a relevant management roles with a very good track record.
If you are interested in the role, please kindly send me your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible for further connection.
Consultant name: Vuong Le
RGF Executive Search Vietnam
This job has expired