Your key responsibilities• Collaborate with engineers from Google, hardware vendors and partners to build a unique experience for smartwatches.
• Document and provide guidance to project team on architecture design of WearOS platform.
• Identify and mitigate risks associated with software architecture.
• Create detailed technical solution designs to meet product and business requirements.
• Design & optimize engineering processes for WearOS development, testing, monitoring and maintenance.
• Lead the development of internal tools to boost team productivity & product quality.
Our key requirements• B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
• 5+ years of active experience in programming with at least 2 years working with Linux or Linux-embedded system.
• Experience in Linux subsystem including: bootloader, file systems, file system layout, kernel modules, Linux standard system calls, etc.
• Experience developing software for WearOS platform.
• Experience in Agile software development process.
• Experience working with international teams.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Being fluent in English and good at writing technical documents.
• Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, management staff and others outside the organization.